You’ve just found out that either you, or someone close to you, needs a stem cell transplant. It’s natural to feel worried, confused or daunted by what’s going to happen next and you might have lots of unanswered questions.
Finding out information about transplant can be empowering and help build your confidence to tackle the situation head on.
In this section we will help you understand what stem cells do and why they are so important. There is information on how we search our registry for stem cell donors and possible alternatives if a donor can’t be found straightaway. We also look at options in the rare circumstance that funding for a transplant isn’t initially available.
We will provide answers to the following questions:
- What is a stem cell transplant?
- What are the different types of transplant?
- How do we find a stem cell donor?
- What is an Individual Funding Request (IFR)?
- Will Brexit affect my stem cell transplant?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your stem cell transplant
Information published: 22/04/2021
Next review due: 22/04/2024