What's it like to have a stem cell transplant?
Patients & families share their experience before, during & after transplant
A selection of stories are below. For many more patient stories:
- read our blog
- listen to our podcasts
- watch our Share & Support vlogs
- check our YouTube channel
- chat with others on our Patients & Families Forum.
Stem cell transplant recipients talk about their time in hospital isolation directly after transplant, and offer their tips on how to cope.
- Read about dealing with your time in protective isolation in hospital.
Fatigue & exercise
In this video, stem cell transplant recipients offer tips and support on managing fatigue and getting back into exercise.
- Read our advice on keeping active after a stem cell transplant.
Stem cell transplant recipients share their stories about managing Graft versus Host Disease (GvHD).
- Read more about GvHD and how to deal with it.
In this video, stem cell transplant recipients talk about the impact of transplant on their diet, changes in tastes and tips on keeping up your appetite.
- Read our advice on eating and drinking after a stem cell transplant.
Stem cell transplant recipients discuss the impact of transplant on their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Find out more about taking care of your mental health after your transplant.
Work & finance
In this video transplant recipients talk about the impact of transplant on their work and finances, how they coped and what helped them.
Information published: 04/01/19
Next review due: 04/01/22 - review in progress