In just a few simple steps you could become a lifesaver
It’s easy to join our register, but the difference it can make is life changing.
- First of all, check our list of criteria to make sure you’re eligible to join.
- Then it’s on to the application form. You can either do this online or come to one of our recruitment events.
- We’ll ask a few questions about your medical history, your height and weight, that sort of thing.
- We’ll also ask for your contact details, and contact details of a relative or close friend. That’s so we can always contact you if you come up as a match.
- If you come to a recruitment event and your application is OK, you can give your saliva sample there. If you apply online, we’ll pop a ‘spit kit’ in the post. All you need to do is spit into a small tube and post it back to us. Easy.
- We’ll test your sample and put the results in our database. Every time someone needs a transplant, we’ll automatically compare their tissue to yours – and the 600,000 other incredible individuals on our register.
Apply online now or find a recruitment event near you.
'I can’t thank India’s donor enough. We’re 11 years down the line now but I still think if I got hold of her, I’d probably squeeze her to death. It’s amazing that from the simple act of joining the register she's saved India's life.
Jo Farmer, mother of India, who had a bone marrow transplant aged three.