Welcome to London Haematology at The London Clinic. We’re located in Marylebone, London W1, just across the road from Regent’s Park. Below are some useful links and information about our centre:
Where we are
How to get here
Arriving by public transport
The nearest underground stations to the London Clinic are Regents Park, Great Portland Street and Baker Street stations. They are all within easy walking distance.
- From Euston: several bus services run from stop H towards Marylebone; alight at the Harley Street stop. Alternatively, the hospital is an approx. 20 minute walk or short taxi ride away.
- From Kings Cross / St Pancras / Liverpool Street: take the westbound underground Circle or Hammersmith & City line to Great Portland Street.
- From Victoria: take the northbound underground Victoria line to Oxford Circus, and change onto the northbound Bakerloo line to Regents Park.
- From Paddington / Charing Cross or Waterloo: take the underground Bakerloo line to Regents Park (southbound from Paddington; northbound from Charing Cross or Waterloo). Alternatively, the hospital is a 30 minute walk from Paddington.
Arriving by car
- Address: The London Clinic, 22 Devonshire Place, London W1G 6JA.
- The nearest car park is NCP London Harley Street, 6-7 Weymouth Mews, London W1B 1QE
Open 07.00 – 19.00 – pre-booking is advised
- Congestion charge: London Clinic Haematology is located within the London Congestion Charge zone. The daily charge is £15 if you pay in advance or on the same day.
- Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): this currently covers all areas of London within the North (A406) and South Circular (A205) Roads (but not including them). If your vehicle doesn't meet the ULEZ emission standards and isn't exempt you’ll need to pay a £12.50 daily charge to drive inside the zone.
If you need to pay the Congestion Charge and/or ULEZ when travelling to your medical and/or donation you will have to cover this yourself and Anthony Nolan will reimburse you.
To pay either charge, go to https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/pay-to-drive-in-london
- Congestion Charge (CC): 07:00-18:00 hrs Mon-Fri, 12:00-18:00 hrs Sat-Sun and bank holidays
- ULEZ: Operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year
Navigating the hospital
Make sure to introduce yourself at Reception on the ground floor of The London Clinic and they’ll direct you where to go.
Places to eat
You’ll find plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area. Great Portland Street and Marylebone High Street offer a wide variety of choices nearby.
The unit is open plan and has a total of 6 beds. When you go for your medical and donation you will see a mix of other donors as well as patients receiving treatment.
Pre-medical: Ensure you’re well hydrated and have eaten. You’ll be offered hot and cold beverages on the day and refreshments, if required.
Pre-collection (PBSC): Ensure you’re well hydrated 1-2 days prior. If you have any bone pain/headaches from the G-CSF injections, you can take pain relief. If you’re unsure what to take, please speak to your coordinator.
You’ll be offered hot and cold drinks on the day and lunch. Any dietary requirements should be able to be accommodated.
Bone marrow donors: As an inpatient, all meals will be provided for you and visiting hours are 10:00 – 22:00 (outside of Covid restrictions). It’s recommended you have travel pre-arranged to get home and ideally a companion to collect you.