Welcome to the Cancer Centre at the University College Hospital, London. We’re located close to Tottenham Court Road and Euston mainline station. Below are some useful links and information about our centre:
Where we are
How to get here
Arriving by public transport
- From Euston: the hospital is a short walk, less than 10 mins.
- From Kings Cross / St Pancras: both stations are an approx. 15-20 minute walk from the hospital (westbound along the Euston Road). Alternatively, take the westbound underground Hammersmith & City, Circle or Metropolitan line to Euston Square station, from there the hospital is a short walk.
- From Paddington station: take the eastbound underground Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan line to Euston Square, from there the hospital is a short walk.
- From Waterloo / Charing Cross: take the northbound underground Northern line to Warren Street station, from there the hospital is a short walk.
- From Victoria: take the northbound underground Victoria line to Warren Street, from there the hospital is a short walk.
Arriving by car
- Address: UCLH Cancer Centre, Huntley Street, London, WC1E 6JD
- The nearest car park is NCP London Brunswick Square, Brunswick Square, Marchmont Street, London WC1N 1 AP. Open 24 hrs – pre-booking is advised.
Navigating the hospital
When you arrive, go through the atrium on the ground floor of the cancer centre and head towards the lift at the back, signposted ‘Garden Lift’. Take this lift to the fourth floor and it will bring you out by the Supportive Care Reception.
- Medical – Reception: Supportive Care, 4th floor, UCLH Cancer Centre, Huntley Street, London, WC1E 6JD
- Apheresis Unit (PBSC and Lymphocyte Donations): Apheresis Unit, Supportive Care, 4th floor, UCLH Cancer Centre, Huntley Street, London, WC1E 6JD
- Bone Marrow Donations: UCLH Tower, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU
Places to eat
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from on Tottenham Court Road, Great Portland Street, and around other areas of Fitzrovia.
Pre-medical: ensure you’re well hydrated and have eaten. The medical may take up to three hours.
Pre-collection (PBSC): ensure you’re well hydrated 1-2 days prior. If you have any bone pain/headaches from the G-CSF injections, you can take pain relief. If you’re unsure what to take, please speak to your coordinator.
You’ll be offered hot and cold drinks on the day and a sandwich for lunch.
Bone marrow donors: as an inpatient, all meals will be provided and visiting hours are 10.00 – 20.00 (outside of covid restrictions). It’s recommended you have travel pre-arranged to get home and ideally a companion to collect you.