Welcome to King’s College Hospital. We’re located in Camberwell in southeast London. Below are some useful links and information about our centre:
Where we are
How to get here
Arriving by public transport
From central London (Victoria and King’s Cross St Pancras stations) national rail services run to Denmark Hill station. King’s College Hospital is a five minute sign-posted walk from Denmark Hill - turn right out of the station exit and then right at the main road and you’ll see the Hospital across the road.
- From Victoria: take a Southern or Southeastern train to Denmark Hill; there are approx. four trains an hour and takes approx. ten minutes.
- From Kings Cross / St Pancras: go to the back of St Pancras Station to Platform A. From here take a Thameslink train to Denmark Hill; there are approx. two trains an hour and takes around 20 minutes.
- From Euston: take the southbound underground Victoria line to Victoria (four stops), and then go above ground to take a Southern or Southeastern train to Denmark Hill.
- From Paddington / Waterloo: take the southbound underground Bakerloo line to Elephant and Castle, then go above ground and follow the signs to Elephant and Castle overground station. From here, take a Thameslink train service to Denmark Hill. There are approx. two an hour and takes around six minutes. Alternatively, several bus services (No. 45, 68, 176) from outside Waterloo station go past King’s College Hospital.
- From Liverpool Street: take the westbound underground Circle/Hammersmith & City/Metropolitan line to Farringdon or King’s Cross St Pancras, and then take a Thameslink train service to Denmark Hill from either station (approx. two trains an hour and takes around 20 minutes).
- From Clapham Junction: take a London Overground train eastbound to Denmark Hill; approx. four trains an hour and takes around 15 minutes.
Arriving by car
There is currently no general public car parking on the hospital site due to construction work. Car parking is therefore limited to the residential streets surrounding the hospital and needs to be paid via a parking meter/pay and display. We recommend you take public transport or travel via taxi to get to King’s.
Navigating the hospital
The specific location is the Guthrie Private Patient’s Wing at King’s, straight off Denmark Hill, the main road that the hospital is located on.
- Medical: 2nd Floor, Guthrie Private Patient’s Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS
- Apheresis Unit (PBSC and Lymphocyte Donations): 3rd Floor, Guthrie Private Patient’s Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS
- Inpatient ward (Bone Marrow Donations): 1st Floor, Guthrie Private Patient’s Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS
Places to eat
Camberwell High Street has a diverse selection of restaurants to choose from. .
Pre-medical: ensure you’re well hydrated and have eaten. Be advised the medical may take up to three hours.
Pre-collection (PBSC): ensure you’re well hydrated 1-2 days prior. If you have any bone pain/headaches from the G-CSF injections, you can take pain relief. If you’re unsure what to take, please speak to your coordinator.
Food on the day: You will be offered hot and cold drinks on the day and a sandwich lunch.