Adult Donor Material
Anthony Nolan helps facilitate pioneering research by sourcing the right materials at the right time for our clients. Specialising in cell sourcing, collection, processing, and immunotherapy research and development (R&D), we can deliver high-quality ethically-approved starting material according to your precise requirements.
Having started the world’s first stem cell register in 1974, we now manage an extensive register of over 890,000 healthy adult donors. With such a large bank of donors to call on, we pride ourselves on being able to meet your requirements with the best possible match:
- We have a range of demographics available - including age, gender and ethnicity - to help ensure your research and clinical trials are representative of the patient population
- We check and conform HLA-type, blood type and CMV status
- Medically-screened to provide donor history
- Recallable with appropriate consent management
All of our material is consistent, reproducible and scalable from early-stage research to clinical trials and beyond. If you already know what you want, Contact Us now, otherwise read on to see how we can help.
Choose from high-quality:
- Peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC)
- Mobilised peripheral blood cells (GCSF-mobilised PBSC)
- Highly concentrated fresh leukopaks from human donors
- Conveniently cryopreserved leukopaks
- Fresh whole blood
- Isolated cells, including T cells, and CD34+ hematopoietic stem-progenitor cells
Can't find what you're looking for?
Fill out our contact us form, and we’ll aim to get back to you within one working day to discuss.
Help and support
With years of heritage and experience in the supply of raw starting materials, we provide a quick and reliable service to answer your brief and timeline. The services we provide include:
- Screening and recruitment of healthy adult donors
- Donor consent management
- Collection of donor material
- Processing and quality assessment, including Verification Typing (VT), Extended typing, Virology, etc.
- Shipment and delivery of material.
If you’re unsure about your exact stipulations, our in-house team of experts can help define and deliver the products that will best meet your project’s requirements. Variables to consider include:
- Cell content
- HLA type
- Quantity and batch size.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact Us and we’ll be happy to help.
We understand the importance of a starting material that is ethically-sourced, reproducible, scalable and representative of your terminal clinical process.
We recruit thousands of new people to the Anthony Nolan stem cell register every year, all of whom are fully briefed and consented. They are overwhelmingly supportive* of providing material that could lead to the development of new therapies that aim to improve lives.
Our growing pool of 890,000+ stem cell donors gives us access to a wide variety of HLA tissue types and people from diverse ethnic backgrounds across the UK. Within it, we have a specific Research Donor Panel. Once you are clear on your research requirements, our dedicated Cell and Gene Therapy Services will help identify those who best match your brief.
Contact Us for further information about options and timescales.
* In a recent study, the majority (87%) of those surveyed stated that they were willing to donate stem cells for research and development into new (novel) treatments. Research published online, March 2023.