Welcome to the Oxford Apheresis Unit. We’re located in Headington, Oxford. Below are some useful links and information about our centre:
Where we are
How to get here
Arriving by car
- Follow the signs for M40 West/Oxford, remain on the M40 until J8.
- Keep left on the M40 slip road onto the A40 (signposted Oxford A40) Continue on the A40 to Headington roundabout.
- Take the second exit onto the A420 (London Road), continue through Headington.
- Turn right at the traffics lights onto the B4495 (Headley Way) signed John Radcliffe Hospital or ‘JR’.
- At the mini roundabout, turn right into the hospital. Follow the signs to National Blood Service which is within the hospital grounds.
From South/West (Via M4/A34)
- Follow the A34 northbound until the Hinksey Hill interchange
- Join the A423 (southern by-pass road) following signs for Cowley. Continue straight over three roundabouts joining the A4142 (eastern by-pass road)
- Continue to the Headington roundabout, take the first exit onto the A420 (London Road) Continue through Headington
- Turn right at the traffics lights onto the B4495 (Headley Way) signed John Radcliffe Hospital or ‘JR’
- At the mini roundabout, turn right into the hospital. Follow the signs to National Blood Service which is within the hospital grounds
Arriving by public transport
There are direct mainline services between Oxford, London, and Birmingham. Taxis are available at Oxford Station. For further information about train times and fares, please telephone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 48 49 50
Local Taxi Companies: 001 Taxis
Navigating the hospital
Medical and PBSC are located are performed in the same unit/location
The Apheresis unit is located to the side of the main blood centre and is clearly sign-posted from the blood centre car park. Donors if coming by car should park at the rear of the blood centre in the red marked parking bays. When you reach the entrance, please use the intercom system and a member of staff will come and meet you.
If required please ask for a parking permit for the day.
Places to eat
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from right in the heart of the city centre, including George Street and in the Westgate Mall.