Welcome to the Christie Hospital collection centre located in Manchester. The Christie is the largest single site cancer centre in Europe and the first UK centre to be accredited as a comprehensive cancer centre. We treat more than 60,000 patients a year. Below are some useful links and information about our centre:
Where we are
How to get here
Arriving by car
From Stockport and East by motorway
- Take the M60 Ring Road clockwise and leave at Junction 5
- Turn right at major traffic lights onto Barlow Moor Road A5145 (towards Didsbury)
- Turn left at next traffic lights onto Palatine Road B5167
- Go through one set of major traffic lights, the Christie is shortly after these
- Turn right into Oak Road
From the North by motorway
- Take the M60 Ring Road anti-clockwise and follow signs for Manchester Airport
- Move to left lane and exit M60, Junction 5, follow signs for Chester, Manchester Airport (M56), Birmingham, A5103
- Stay in left lane and take first exit from A5103 signed Northenden & Sale Moor
- At end of slip road, turn left at traffic lights at the Britannia Airport Hotel onto Palatine Road B5166 which becomes B5167, then follow directions below from A5103
From the South by motorway
- Take the M56, following signs to Manchester and then City Centre A5103
- Look out for a sign that says 'motorway ends in half a mile'
- Shortly after this, move to left lane, take the slip road to Sale Moor and Northenden, signed B5166
- Keep in right hand lane of slip road, at the traffic lights, the road turns sharp right under the bridge, passing the Britannia Airport Hotel on your left, follow directions from A5103
- Go through Northenden shopping area, over the River Mersey and past the golf clubs
- Go through two major sets of traffic lights, shortly after the second set, there’s a sign for The Christie
- For car park C continue along Palatine Road and the multi-storey (car park C) is on the right
- Car parking Car parking (christie.nhs.uk)
Arriving by public transport
West Didsbury station 5 to 10 minutes' walk to The Christie. There are footpath signs giving directions to The Christie.
Metrolink is a light rail network operating throughout Greater Manchester. The fast frequent service is fully accessible to all, running 7 days a week, 364 days of the year.
For tram times, routes and prices, click here.
At the northbound and southbound exits there is directional signage pointing towards the route to the Christie.
Bus services to Wilmslow Road from:
Manchester Piccadilly 42, 42A, 142, Stockport 42
East Didsbury 42, 142
Ashton, Droylsden, Levenshulme, Chorlton 169*
Cheadle, East Didsbury 42B
Newall Green, Sharston, Burnage Train Station, Stockport 179
Bus services to Palatine Road from:
Manchester Piccadilly 41, 43, 143
Northenden, Sale 41
Northernden, Timperley, Altrincham Interchange 370*
Wythenshawe Interchange, Timperley, Mauldeth Road Train Station 178*
West Didsbury Metrolink 141, 143
Northernden, Wythenshawe Interchange , Manchester Airport 43
Most main line trains arrive at Manchester Piccadilly and some of these also stop at Oxford Road Station. You can take a bus (any of the services listed above leaving Manchester Piccadilly bus station) or taxi to the Christie. Some trains arrive at Manchester Victoria. You can then take a taxi or bus.
Mauldeth Road connected indirectly via bus 178 hourly.
Burnage connected indirectly via bus 179 to Withington Village hourly.
East Didsbury connected directly via buses 42, 42A, 42B and 142.
The Christie is located 30 minutes away from Manchester International Airport.
Manchester International Airport is connected directly by the 43 bus service that is fully accessible to all, running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
Navigating the hospital
Medicals will be held in either department 30A or 26. On donation day you’ll be required to attend department 26.
Places to eat
There are numerous places to eat & drink in the nearby East and West Didsbury and Chorlton Cum Hardy. The hospital is 3 miles from Manchester City centre.