Are you celebrating a big anniversary this year? Maybe you’re getting married, coming up to your retirement, or marking your transplant birthday. Whatever the reason to celebrate, you can make your day extra special by raising lifesaving funds.
We’ve got loads of ideas and inspiration to help you kickstart your fundraising – whether you’re throwing a big party, or want to ask for donations instead of gifts, we’re here to help.
Get in touch to chat about your ideas and order all the materials you need!
And if you need some inspiration, read about Christine’s incredible wedding and check out our suggestions below:
Throwing A Party?
- Whether it’s your birthday, retirement or anniversary, why not ask for donations to Anthony Nolan instead of gifts – make sure you tell people all about the incredible difference their money could make.
- We can send you collection tins to have around the venue and posters to help you spread the word – people could throw in a couple of quid for song requests!
- Organise a raffle on the big day and encourage people to buy tickets before they arrive! You could ask local businesses to help provide the prizes.
- Set up a JustGiving page so if there’s anyone who can’t make the party, they don’t miss out on being able to donate.
A Big Anniversary
- Think about the occasion your marking and link your fundraising – if you’re marking a 10-year wedding anniversary, ask for a £10 donation.
- You don’t have to be throwing a party either, you can post on social media asking people to help you save lives rather than send cards! Setting up a JustGiving page is a perfect way to organise this.
Your Wedding Day
- Make your big day unforgettable for your guests with lifesaving favours – we have beautiful pin badges and unusual growing gift sets to choose from. Get in touch to find out more!
- You can ask your family and friends for a donation instead of gifts, and be sure to show them the difference their money could make.
- We can send you collection tins to have at the reception, and you can hold sweepstakes for anything and everything – who will catch the bouquet, how long will the best man’s speech be, who will well up first!
- Set up a JustGiving page so if there’s anyone who can’t come and celebrate your big day in person, they can still support from afar.
Your Transplant Birthday
- People mark the milestone of their transplant birthdays in lots of different ways – from throwing a party, to taking on a once in a lifetime adventure. Setting up a JustGiving page and sharing it with friends and family is the perfect way for people to support you.
Christine's big day
After Christine’s mum was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) in April 2015, she went on to have a stem cell transplant in October 2015
‘Anthony Nolan found a 10/10 match for my mum and, despite a few post transplant complications, the rest is history.
‘To me “history” means having my mum at my wedding. It means celebrating her sixtieth birthday with her. It means seeing her hold my baby for the first time and watching a beautiful bond form between them.
‘I couldn’t imagine my life without my mum. Her recovery saved my heart. We owe everything to Anthony Nolan and our amazing NHS!
‘Having the growing gift sets as wedding favours was the easiest decision my husband and I made for our wedding. It was a beautiful favour that raised money and awareness for a cause so close to our hearts.’
‘Whenever and however we can, my family and I will always support Anthony Nolan and the work they do.’