- Brief on cord blood bank (CBB) operational specifics to accompany CBU Reports - extensive information on the operational processes and protocols of different CBBs worldwide.
- Cord-focused conferences and workshops.
- Invitation to events, including special cord blood user workshops and conferences organised by Anthony Nolan and NHSBT.
- Regular email updates and alerts for new academic papers – regular ‘cord service update’ with news on cord related topics, references to new papers, feedback from related conferences and other useful information.
- CBU provision statistics and data - in-depth data on CBU provision for UK patients.
- CBU Report Quality Checklist Service* - full or ad-hoc service for evaluating CBU reports. A comprehensive checklist to highlight any potential quality issues, or missing information for CBUs based on FACT standards will be provided.
- CBU Selection and Provision ad-hoc advisory service.
- CBU Shortlisting service* - full or ad-hoc service for making the initial selection of the best possible CBUs. Cord search results will be accompanied by the table of 5-10 best CBUs for the patient based on BSBMT recommendations (2015).
- Access to urgent CBU quality enquiries phone line (managed by CBB expert) - an ad-hoc CBU advice service. Queries will be addressed by experts from Operations, ANCTC and NHSBT CBB.
*Starting date to be planned and confirmed after your application is received.
If you would like to find out more about our training, information and advice services, please email email@example.com.
Your enquiries to the Cord Support Programme will be addressed by the following experts:
Dr Colin Brown – Consultant Clinical Scientist (NHSBT, Colindale)
Dr Sharon Vivers - Head of Stem Cell Search and Selection (Anthony Nolan, London)
Cord Blood Bank expertise
Mr Daniel Gibson – Head of Cord Blood Development (Anthony Nolan, Nottingham)
Dr Roger Horton – Cord Blood Bank Operational Manager (Anthony Nolan, Nottingham)
Ms. Alexandra Ross - Head of Cord Bank (NHSBT, Bristol)
Dr Irina Evseeva – Head of Specialist Services (Anthony Nolan, London)
Mrs. Laila Roberts - Services Development Lead (Anthony Nolan, London)