At Anthony Nolan our vision is to save and improve the lives of everyone who needs a stem cell transplant.
We’ve mapped out a plan to make this vision a reality. Our Destination: Cure report outlines the vital steps which need to be taken by the Government in the next five years – steps that will help ensure we reach our destination: cure.
Download the report by clicking on the front cover below:
Our report outlines three aims which, if achieved, will help patients before, during and after a transplant, and we’ve set out what actions we want the Government to take by 2020 to make sure we achieve them:
• 1 in 8 patients won’t get the lifesaving transplant they need.
• The Government must invest in the UK’s stem cell donor registry and the cord blood bank programme.
• A third of transplant patients won’t survive beyond their first year.
• The Government must provide the right infrastructure and support for medical research to improve transplant outcomes.
• By 2020 over 16,000 patients will be living with the long-term effects of a transplant; many won’t receive adequate care and support.
• The NHS must change the way it funds and organises care so that every patient can return to an active life.
For a more detailed examination of each of these three aims and why it’s essential we take action now to achieve them, download the full report below.
By working together we can move towards a future when the destination for every patient is a cure.
Help us make a vital difference – demand action from your MP today.